Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Little About My Experience in the Solar Industry

I started working in the solar industry back in 2005. When I started there were roughly a dozen solar companies in the state of Arizona. In 2008, the federal government passed the Renewable Energy Tax Credit giving any home owner a tax credit of 30% their renewable energy system install. At the end of 2008 there were an estimated 300 solar companies in just the Phoenix metro area. This was a huge spike for the solar industry. Unfortunately most of these new companies were not educated and experienced in solar technology but did have the proper electrical licences to install solar. I have not seen much change in the quality of the solar installers since this spike back in 2008. For this reason I have moved forward with Solar Assurance to help bring my solar expertise and experience to help the solar industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment